DRC creating new errors after no changes to PCB

I have made no changes to the PCB, but I did make some changes in the schematic. I changed some of the schematic symbols and associated part numbers. The footprints were kept the same.

The DRC decided for some reason C4 Pad 1 and R1 Pad 1 are the same net.
It also says things are disconnected, when they very clearly are connected.

I can’t make changes to the PCB since they are already ordered. Changes to the PCB will cause issues with manufacturing.

If a copper track is entering a pad but it’s not connected to the center of a pad, then Kicad does not always recognize the connection. In older KiCad versions tracks had to be connected to the center of pads to be recognized as a valid connection. In newer versions of KiCad this is not strictly necessary anymore, but I still keep that habit and it just avoids the vague area of “when is it close enough?”.

This is weird though:

Apparently KiCad decided that two different nets have to be connected.

But before spending too much time on the Unconnected Items, first have a look at those 9 Violations

One component symbol was changed, and turned 180 accidentally. I fixed that and got it down to 3 violations and 2 unconnected. The pad and the trace never moved. Older backups have no errors.

The violations are the C4 Pad 1 net colliding with itself. It’s as if only some parts of the C4 net are being treated as the same as the R1 net, but not others.

(I also changed R17 and R16 to Rset1 and Rset2 but that didn’t change anything)

The only changes made to the PCB, some components were rotated 180, then rotated back.

Right clicking on the pad to edit the properties, I noticed it said R1 on the C3 pads. Changing them from there fixed it.

Still not sure how that happened, maybe moving schematic symbols around did it.

Yeah, that box was checked. Maybe that was it. Interesting how it would display the correct net name, but opening the properties showed the net that the DRC was seeing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.