DRC crashes on schematic/PCB parity issues

Hello,

I found a reproducible bug in the DRC window once the DRC checker has been run. Version info is below. I am using flatpak on Debian Bullseye. I don’t know if other systems are affected.

Application: KiCad x86_64 on x86_64

Version: 7.0.5, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 5.2.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.86.0-DEV OpenSSL/3.0.8 zlib/1.2.13 nghttp2/1.52.0

Platform: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.7-amd64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, gnome, wayland

Build Info:
Date: May 26 2023 22:16:44
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers) GTK+ 3.24
Boost: 1.82.0
OCC: 7.7.1
Curl: 7.86.0-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: GCC 12.2.0 with C++ ABI 1017

Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Method of reproduction:

1. Obtain a schematic/pcb pair with at least one DRC detectable difference between the schematic and pcb.
  2. Run DRC with the test for parity between schematic and pcb
  3. Click on the Schematic parity column, checking to see that at least one error has been reported.
  4. KiCad has crashed with an assertion error message:

Gtk-Message: 13:36:51.842: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 13:36:51.906: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
/usr/include/c++/12.2.0/bits/stl_vector.h:1123: std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator [with _Tp = PCB_LAYER_ID; _Alloc = std::allocator<PCB_LAYER_ID>; reference = PCB_LAYER_ID&; size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion ‘__n < this->size()’ failed.

I can post the project files if they are needed to verify the behavior.

A possible (untested) workaround is forward annotation from schematic to pcb. I don’t intend to test this idea until I send the project files if required.

I use my own symbol and footprint libraries.

I have been ignoring the Gtk-messages relating to canberra load failures.

Cheers
John

Edit: The forward annotation idea doesn’t work. The claimed mismatches between the schematic and PCB cannot be determined.

It appears there may be a problem with one or more files in the project. Before anyone asks, I did not hand edit any of them.

files.zip (2.2 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.