Drawing sheets messed up in version 8

Anybody noticed that the drawing sheets are all messed up in version 8? It will print the headers all scrambled. They worked fine in version 7. It looks OK in the sheet editor and in the schematic editor, but it prints the headers and footers messed up. Some text might be OK and the others all messed up like it is using the wrong font. I am using the default KiCad font and am printing to an HP laserjet printer. I don’t think it is the printer because the print preview is also messed up.

I did find out that if I recreate my layout within version 8, that prints fine. It seems to be the converstion from 7 that doesn’t work right.

I was not able to reproduce this behaviour, the printout was fine.

Could you attach one of the faulty projects? Please include the drawing sheet in the directory folder. (so it’s included in your zipped project archive).

Hi, it has been a while and since I sent in my drawing sheets as requested, I have never heard anything back on this. Not that it really matters to me any more since I just went in and created new sheets in version 8, so my problem went away, but I am curious.

Where did you send it?

There were bug fixes for root sheet and hierarchies since the 8.0.0 release

Well, looking back it looks like I didn’t send it correctly. Sorry about that. It doesn’t really matter any longer and since I reworked my sheets in version 8, I deleted the old ones. No problem. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Thanks… Maybe the problem I saw was fixed. When I reworked my sheets in version 8, I deleted the old ones so I can’t check! Oh well. Love this program! It is great that it is updated and improved all of the time!

1 Like