Drag wire in eeschema

I’m confused about the stange behaviour of the “drag wire G” function in Eeschema. If I try to use it on a simple wire, it will not translate the wire PARALLEL to itself drawing the endpoint connections accordingly, but it FIX an endpoint and let translate the other, something more like a ROTATE function.
I could not find an other function that does something as simple as i want. The only similar function is to SELECT the desidered wire and then move it around, but this will CUT the endpoint connections.
In other words… I think “drag wire” should be something similar to the “Drag (45 degree mode) D” function available in PCBnew.
Having this function working like now isn’ t very usable… I often prefer to DELETE the wire completely and redesign it new again.
Now the question is : Is this an error (bug) or was the function just created like this ?

1 Like

You can drag a box over (a few) wire segment(s) and move them that way, and then extend the end points by dragging them. At times it is also a slight annoyance to me that dragging wire segments is pretty limited in Eeschema. It’s a known limitation, but also pretty trivial, and therefore probably not high on the priority list of the developers.

It will be easier for us to fix this after the core changes to the Eeschema tools are done (part of the 6.0 development process, Jeff is working on them now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.