Double mouse middle-click = "Zoom to Fit"

Admittedly, I have a hardware problem with my mouse: the middle button sometimes double clicks. But it’s a nice mouse and I don’t want to let go just yet :slight_smile:

This unfortunately results in “Zoom to fit” happening both in Eeschema and Pcbnew, while I try to pan, quite often. I changed the pan to the right button, but it’s now messing up my muscle memory and because it doesn’t work that way in the 3D viewer, it’s a tad annoying.

The problem is that I can’t find a way to disable the double middle-click behaviour on Kicad. The hotkey is the default “Home” key and that works, but double clicking the middle button does not equate “Home”, neither on Windows nor Linux. Maybe I’m missing where it could be changed?

I never knew that a double click on the middle mouse button was a zoom.

And hotkeys are hotkeys. I do not see configurable mouse behavior at all in there.
Mouse behavior is a bit spread around:
… / Preferences / Preferences / Mouse and Touchpad
… / Preferences / Preferences / Schematic Editor / Editing Options
… / Preferences / Preferences / PCB Editor / Editing Options
And similarly, **Editing Options for the Symbol and Footprint Editors.

However, just like you I see no option for modifying double click behavior. You may be right that there is no option to set this in the GUI, and if so, this is worth a bug report.

In the mean time. it may help a bit to extend the time before your OS detects a double click to make it less sensitive. I have also replaced mouse switches several times in my lifetime (in different mouse).