Double Click opens "Track & Via Properties" instead of "Via Properities"

Hi I was messing the track widths in KiCAD 6 and I went to edit a via and It opens the Track & Via Properties instead of Via properties. I’ve tried pressing E, right click and selecting properties from the menu, and double click but all give the same result. It seems KiCAD 5 have the same “Feature” and the solution is to disable “edit action changes track width” as said in this post. I cannot find this in KiCAD 6. Where did it move to?

I went to edit a via and It opens the Track & Via Properties instead of Via properties

There is no sole “Via properties” dialog, it’s a combined “Track & Via Properties”. This dialog is shown for vias and for tracks and for a selection containing tracks&vias together.

Also the preferences-setting “enable/disable edit action changes track width” (from your linked thread, from an old v5-version) is not available in v6.

Ok That makes sense but I’ve lost some of the options for editing vias.

but I’ve lost some of the options for editing vias

What do you miss? (I have never used v5, so I can’t compare)

This is KiCAD 6. Now I think of it all of the options there however there is just no diagram. It doesn’t really matter but it did used to be there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.