Doesn't close after closing

Starting from version 6 kicad , after closing the program continues to work in the task manager … Does everyone have it? And what to do with it ? Is it forced to close manually every time?
Win 10\64 kicad 7.0.6 All plugins are disabled Tested on 3 different machines

Right-click on the KiCad process in the task manager → Create dump file → Upload it to somewhere

Are you doing these steps?

1. Double-click on the .kicad_pro file
  2. Project manager opens
  3. Close the project manager by pressing X in the top right corner of the project manager window
  4. The window closes, but the process is still visible in the task manager?

Yes, I do these steps visually, the program closes but continues to hang in processes … moreover, if I open and close the program without a project, then it closes in processes …

for example, take any project delete any component when closing, refuse to save changes and close check the task manager

Can’t reproduce on Win11

Unfortunately, I can’t check all my win 10 machines… let’s wait, maybe someone will check …

help to check who has it at hand win 10/64

How can I send you a private message with a video about the error?

Click on dsa-t’s Avatar then click Message

1 Like

dsa-t i sent you a private message showing this situation on three different machines with win 10\64

I checked the latest nightly build and everything closes and works there

1 Like

Still doesn’t reproduce for me. Does it still happen if you disconnect your network drive, or the network connection?

A complete shutdown of the network does not affect the behavior … You have version 11, therefore, different conditions and behavior … There are so many people here and it cannot be that only I have a stable version on three different machines after closing

If I’m understanding correctly, after you close KiCAD it is still in task manager?

I’m running Windows 10/64 bit and do not have this issue. KiCAD version information on this machine is found below. No idea how to solve it, just saw you were asking for another Windows 10 user to check.

Application: KiCad x64 on x64

Version: 7.0.5, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 6.0.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.88.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: May 27 2023 02:48:13
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.6.3
Curl: 7.88.1-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: Visual C++ 1936 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Tell me how did you check? If I just open and close the program, then it closes normally, but if I change something in any project and refuse to change it, close the program, then it continues to hang in the task manager

I wouldn’t be surprised if a python plugin actually failed to uninstall and kicad is still automatically loading it (because that’s what it will do)

Yea you have a python plugin being loaded

These libopenblas64 threads come from numpy

Check the following paths for plugins:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\KiCad\<version>\3rdparty\plugins
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\KiCad\<version>\scripting

Also ensure
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\KiCad\<version>\PyShell_pcbnew_startup.py

is empty or contains no active code (everything is commented)