Does anyone have a PP45 footprint?

As the title says, I am looking for Anderson Powerpole 45A footprint with 3d model of the contact and connector. All the ones I’ve found don’t work/outdated.
If you can provide one, I would really appreciate it. Thank you

While you may get an answer, I’d encourage you to learn how to build your own footprint based on manufacturer datasheet. Check out the “Creating new footprints” section of the getting started guide for more details (it doesn’t take long). Getting Started in KiCad | 7.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad

For future reference, this forum has a template in the footprints section to reduce this kind of request. Footprint making is a good skill to have and the time it takes to make a simple footprint is usually less than searching for it (or asking online for it). EDIT: if you run into trouble making the footprint, do feel free to ask questions! Including details on what exactly you tried and what exactly didn’t work helps a lot in getting useful answers.

Back to the topic: from some quick googling, this appears to be a connector for power harnesses. Presumably you want one of the PCB mounted versions. Looks like the company even provides a suggested footprint design for the right angle mount: https://www.andersonpower.com/content/dam/app/ecommerce/product-pdfs/PP1545/b02021s.pdf
so it wouldn’t take long to make the footprint based on that.

5 Likes

Please provide a link to the appropriate data sheet when asking these kinds of questions. Many reasons for this beyond the obvious. Like someone may recognize it by another name or perhaps similar footprint that may work.

1 Like

Maybe why it was posted in Community. I moved it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.