Do you like using Kicad on the Mac?

It can not be done on this discussion forum.

You want to create a new account:
https://launchpad.net/kicad

Really? I use trackpad and mouse (left hand, right hand). Easy to get used to, and less RMI issues.

Just joined the forum to ask, and I think this is the right place, where on earth is this ā€œTrackpad panningā€ in preferences on any of the KiCAD programs? I donā€™t see it anywhere, and Iā€™m having the same problem so many people have, with the Magic Mouse (Iā€™m using a Mac Mini) making the zoom jump around uncontrollably. If I can fix this one thing I think KiCAD will be perfect for what Iā€™m doing; that is, not super complicated PCBs for DIY music applications. TIA!

What is your kicad version?

Itā€™s 5.0.0-3-g5ebb6b6 release build; wx widgets 3.0.4, unicode and boost 1.67.0

CN

I am using a Kicad on both a 27" iMac and a 13" MacBook Pro with only one or two minor niggles on the laptop (no proper ā€˜Deleteā€™ key so have to remember to press Shift Delete and no PgUp /PgDn) but these are more to do with the keyboard than with Kicad. Otherwise I find the whole suite really works well.

I am presently running a nightly from a couple of months back with no issues but will probably be upgrading to the stable 5 shortly.

The pan / zoom works very well on the trackpad. There are multiple menus for various preferences in the Kicad suite but the Pan/Zoom controls for both Eeschema and PCBNew are under Kicad > Preferences.
Slightly confusingly, you need to set the trackpad settings in the preference panes separately for both Eeschema and PCBNew.

In Eeschema:

In PCBNew:

1 Like

Ahhhhā€¦I UNCHECKED all of those boxes rather than checking them, not understanding it was the reverse of what I thought. Checking them all makes the Magic Mouse work perfectly. Thanks! Now Iā€™ll get to work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.