Do the microwave tools work at all in 4.0.7?

Do the microwave tools work at all in 4.0.7? I tried all tool buttons, but I don’t see any action. Am I missing something? Here is the information about my KiCAD:

Application: kicad
Version: 4.0.7-e2-6376~58~ubuntu16.04.1 release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,GCC 5.4.0,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 4.13.0-43-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.58.0
Curl version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 librtmp/2.3
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

I only have a very recent nightly to test, but things work there…

You hit the button on the left and get the toolbar on the right, then click in the editor canvas and go from there…

1 Like

You might try different canvases.

3 Likes

Thanks @Joan_Sparky and @hermit for your responses. After some experimenting, I realized that in my 4.0.7 I need to use the legacy viewer for the μwave tools to work. And yes, I got something similar to the weird track above, almost identical, with the sharp bends and arcs and all.

Now, my problem is I am not sure how to use these tools, especially the μwave track, and the documentation only says that these tools are experimental. I did google around, but turned up virtually nothing (except some very interesting PhD theses!). Why does the track look like that?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.