DigiKey libraries

I am trying to add DigiKey symbols ad footprints libraries to my project but I am not able. I need a detailed step by step guide from the beginning to the end. What I found in the web is confusing and videos are out of focus and with very small fonts. Is there someone who can help me? Thans.

Hi, I am using DK libraries.

1. Have these two folders from DK (download them):
    1848S

2. Open Kicad project manager (black, main icon).

3. Preferences → Manage Symbol libraries → Click “add” and point to digikey-symbols folder (select all files within subfolder);

4. Preferences → Manage Footprint libraries → do the same for digikey-footprints.pretty folder (folder only):

I am using enfvironment variables (KICAD_DK_LIB_DIR) in my system in order to make libraries portable across my computers. For your setup - just use absolute folder paths.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer. Could you please help me fixing this preliiminary issue durining clone operation ?

Hi, just download these folders (whole github archive - repository) manually - there should be a green button in top right of github web UI (pc version).

@gianni

Check your spelling for Kicad. You have Keycad. That may be the cause of your problem.

1 Like

Also make sure that your version of KiCad is not too old for the DK libraries.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.