Differential pair routing: dragging & checking

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to route a board with a number of differential pairs and… well, it kind-of works. I can route diff pairs similarly to normal traces, albeit with lots more clicking, it seems KiCad needs more handholding with diff pairs than with normal traces.

But once I place a segment, I see no way to drag it, short of laboriously deleting and recreating the entire diff pair connection. Dragging tracks only drags a single track, and does not seem to maintain the differential pair.

Also, sometimes the router places my diff pair wrong. This happens often when working around bends: one track is clearly way off. But it doesn’t warn me about anything — just quietly continues as if nothing was wrong. Is there a way to get notified of when it can’t do the right thing? A way to check a diff pair or all of them?

Any hints appreciated.

Sorry to resurrect this post, but it doesn’t seem to have been fixed in V5. Unless i’m doing something wrong? Diff pair should be treated as 1 trace and able to drag it around as i would a single trace. Should I file a bug report?

Also:

Ah, yeah I suppose looking through the bug reports would be helpful. I did do a search but apparently not good enough. Thanks!