Different behavior for stylus vs. mouse in pcbnew opengl canvas only?

I’ve got both a mouse and a Wacom stylus (Intous2) for my pointing devices. I notice that there is a difference in behavior in button clicks between the two devices, but only when it comes to the opengl canvas (not the default). First off, the first time I’ve tried the opengl canvas was today. But the 3-button mouse act normal, like I’d expect (i.e. behaves the same as in “default”), but when using the stylus, I need to double click to begin a track, and once a track is in progress, I can’t right click to bring up the context menu, but I can still middle click to pan. Is there a setting which might govern this that I am overlooking? Is this more likely to be a pcbnew issue treating the mouse and stylus differently, or maybe something with the opengl driver on my machine, or possible interaction between the OS and opengl and mouse drivers? Anyone else come across something like this before?

Thanks,

Greg

Application: kicad
Version: 4.0.7 release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.3 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1011,GCC 7.1.0,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Boost version: 1.60.0
Curl version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.23.1 librtmp/2.3
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

Hi! I am also experiencing troubles with input methods other than mouse. Oh these stupid CADs, almost every single one of them is made for just mouse and nothing else. :rage:

I have a laptop similar to MS Surface, with touchscreen and digitizer pen. Neither work ok in opengl and cairo modes, only legacy canvas is usable.

I honestly have no idea how this can be happening. At some point in future, maybe, I will find some time and effort to dig into kicad code and implement touchscreen gesture support. But it’s not going to be soon, I’m afraid. Now I’m just another kicad newb. At least, I’ve done it to FreeCAD =)