Delete Drill and Place Offset?

Hello,
Will poking around I accidentally added a drill and place offset to my PCBNew file. It is the red circle with cross hairs (see attached picture). I would like to delete this from my project file, but cannot figure out how. Any ideas?

I normally have those anyway and I just reposition them where I need them. Unfortunately the only method I know of to remove them is to quit pcbnew and use a text editor to remove those marks. To get an idea of what you need to do, create a blank pcb file then another with only the drill mark then another with only the auxiliary grid mark, and look at the differences in the text file. That should give you some clues on how you can edit your board file while not making it unreadable (ignore things which will obviously be different such as the timestamps). Be sure to make a copy of your board file before you tinker with it.

place it again right over the absolute coordinate origin (0,0 = somewhere top left outside of the frame) - it will vanish.

1 Like

:+1:. That was the ticket! Thanks Joan_Sparky

I seem to have 2, one red and one white. I can’t even move them, think I have tried everything except what works.

@deepsage – cbernardo and Joan_Sparky already gave you the answers. The file is the one with .kicad_pcb ending. Here are the tools to try if you don’t want to use a text editor:

Guess I may have to go into the file. I tried those tools, like I said I can’t move them. So, dropping them over (0,0) does not work. The delete does not work. Right (after zooming in so nothing else is visible) clicking gives me no option to move or delete. Just get the normal selection box that has move footprint (T), the paste, center, zooms and grids. I also tried to select them by boxing them, it is as if they don’t exist. I have been using KiCad for quite a while and this is the first time I have used this auxiliary axis; thought they might be useful in the future to know how to use. That is when I noticed, what appears to me, to be a problem. Version 5.1.6-1. Thanks

You select the corresponding tool and then click on the pcb canvas to set a new location. They aren’t board items so they can’t be selected (or deleted).

1 Like

To follow up on @eelik’s answer, there can only be one of each of those on the board at a time, so placing a new one will essentially “move” it.

Makes more sense now, thanks.