Default tracks at startup

Is there any way to have a set of default track widths when the application starts? Every time I start the app at the moment it only has the 0.25mm default and I can’t find any way of having the various track widths that I normally use appear for every project.

Its very tedious having to set up these design rules every time and I haven’t been able to find any info on how to do it online yet.

2 Likes

In the future, in v5.1 (which will hopefully be released late this year or early next year), it will be possible to import design rules from another project file.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I managed to do it by creating my own project template - slightly laborious and KiCad now complains that my projects png is badly formatted (but still manages to display it correctly) -I don’t see the need for an error message here, or for one when the png is missing, it should just deal with it quietly and carry on because it makes no difference to functionality.

What would be really nice is an easy way to open the default project template, edit it and save it as your own template, and then make it the default for when you create a new project.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.