Datasheet web address always visible

I’m new to Kicad, when I try to add any component I get the web address that appears for the datasheet across the symbol. The only way to get rid of it is to highlight the symbol press E then delete the address, this is getting tedious for EVERY component. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no effect.

Normally the datasheet-field is not displayed for symbols added from the standard kicad libraries. So there is either something wrong or your workflow is not correct. So we need more information:

• which version do you use? (take this information from Help–>about Kicad–>version-pane)
  • are you using the symbol-editor to create a new symbol? (see at title of editor-window)? There it’s ok to see the datasheet-entry.
  • or the do you work in the schematic-editor (see at title of editor-window)? There the datasheet-field is normally set to “don’t show”
  • maybe include an image of the editor-window (and draw an arrow pointing to the problem) into your thread
  • If you get the next user-level (read some posts should be sufficient) it’s possible to attache an zipped project-archive (Kicad-manager->File–>Archive project, only for v6.x and above). This allows us to find problems faster.

I’m new to Kicad

general advice: look at the kicad documentation https://docs.kicad.org/ and as a beginner especially at the getting-started file: Getting Started in KiCad | 6.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad

What is your setting of: Schematic Editor / Preferences / Preferences / Schematic Editor / Display Options / Appearance / Show hidden fields?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.