D&D component & routes &

Hi everybody, after some hours (route ok, position ok, label ok, etc…)I realized i forgotten 1 connector that implicates a review/enlarge PCB. Some light questions for knower you are.

1. Is exist a way to move block & route ?
  2. Is exist a way to select some graphics lines (rectangle) for PCB dimension or logical arounf components to move/enlarge it in one action rather lines after lines ?
    Thank’s for attention
    Fred
    PS: if no solutions, i erase all routes and restart work

Yes, you can block move. Just select with a rectangle and press the m key.

Sorry but when i do this action (tried) components moved fine but cannot be rebuilt realtime from src to dest.
Thank’s for answer

Yes but if you are only moving part of your layout/board outline you only have to re-route that area and not the rest of the board. You cannot move a component and stretch the tracks along with it.

Thank’s John it’s that i done. Deleting for each wire the extremity not optimal and reroute only the 2 inter subnet src <-> dest.

You don’t need to delete each trace individually - you can use the “Delete unconnected traces and vias” menu item.

Thank’s John it’s that i done. Deleting for each wire the extremity not optimal and reroute only the 2 inter subnet src<-> dest.
Very good action but i have (v5.2.1) ‘Global deletions’ / ‘Cleanup tracks and vias’ submenu of Edit menu which seems makes job not Item/Delete unconnected …

I am not in front of my computer and couldn’t recall the exact name of the menu item but you understand the principle. Route your board - decide to move something or change the outline etc, clean up the now disconnected items with the menu command and re-route the edited area.

Yes John I think have seen.
Very thank’s

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.