Customize menus

Hello!

I would like to customize the grid menu. There are many settings I never use, especially the non
metric items, and there are some missing settings. For examplle I would like to have a 0.125mm setting.
How can I do that?

Thanks,

Pascal

It’s not possible to customize grid settings beyond what is available in the menu. There’s only one custom grid.

Just curious:
For what kind of thing would you want to use such a small grid?

I tend to use the grid only for very coarse things, such as aligning connectors on a 100mil grid.
For drawing all the PCB tracks (and squeezing them betwen pins etc) I completely depend on the interactive router and the design rules for the track widths and clearances.
For this I simply use some very small grid size such as 1mill.

Hello!

For what kind of thing would you want to use such a small grid?

All developers have different habits and requirements. You use 100 mil and 1 mil, I use mostly 1mm, 0.5, 0.25, 0.125. I also sometimes use 1.27mm when I want to be sure that 2 non-metric connectors are on the same non-metric grid.
And sometimes, I have to set 0.01mm so that the interactive router works, as explained in another post.

Pascal

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.