Custom scale for a true PCB view

Please help me retrace your steps.

what do you mean by “exact length” ? the spec length as per property or a visible length (depends on a zoom factor) ? As a spec length I can use the PCB outline “exact length” , as a visible exact length I can use a line but it will change in your next step when changing the zoom…
And where/how do you use the resulting status showing zoom?

what do you mean by “exact length” ?

The dimension-item must be the length of the measured value from the ruler. If the ruler says “280mm canvas width from left to right” than you need to draw a dimension-item with 280mm length. (if you select the dimension-item thats the number below “value” in the status-field. Or in the dimension-properties dialog at the top left, grayed out). At the time of drawing the dimension-line is not physically 280mm long, as the zoom-value currently is undetermind.

I have made a video, but it’s 30MB in size (5minutes long, I’m not so fast with english speaking). Some hints for easy online-storage (with easy access, I don’t want to take care of my next cloud-account)

as MP4-file:

note: it’s useful to pan the board into the middle of the screen prior to saving the viewport. I forgot that in the video and so the saved viewport shows the auxiliary dimension line. Which is not practical in daily use.

If so , then “dimension-item” is my board outline which has been known size from the start.
At the end of all steps I get a viewport which at the 1.0 zoom does not give my true size PCB but much smaller.
BTW you did not show any usage of the scale factor in step #8 (you hinted about use of it in step 10 but it was not and how could you use it if no custom zooming is possible?)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.