Create multiple PCB in one project

Hello,
I am designing the pcb around the size of 6"x3". I also have 2-3 projects 1"x1" in size. I am wondering how can I use one one PCB layout for the manufacturer and after it’s done I can just cut the different segment of the board.

Should I just separate those board with Edge cuts? will that work?

Thank you.

This is a frequent question, but there isn’t a simple answer. We should probably have a “Frequently Asked Questions” section!

The rules depend on the PCB manufacturer, and maybe also what service you are requesting, and whether you want t pay additional fees. For example, I use Itead “Prototype” service, which allows very simple “panels” (no slots or anything). They also have a “Small batch” service which allows v-cuts, but costs extra for drills or slots.

Personally, I use gerbmerge which basically glues gerbers together. If you want to do more advanced stuff, you can also use Append Board inside pcbnew, then add score, slots, mousebites etc as you need.

4 Likes

I have the means to do stickies… anyone want’s to start a thread and collect/list links to the most appropriate threads/answers/sources?

@vatsal_naik
search this forum for ‘mousebites’, ‘slots’, ‘panel’, ‘multiple pcbs’ …