Create Fabmaster

Dear All
Exist a function in KiCAD PCB to create a Fabmaster file format ? or a developed plug-in to do this job ?

Thanks for any suggest, Daniele

Kicad can accept Fabmaster files in the Kicad development programme: Kicad 8.99, which will become Kicad 9 in about three months.

Kicad cannot generate a Fabmaster file format. To generate a Fabmaster file format from Kicad, you should ask Fabmaster.

1 Like

Ok Thanks
I’m read that probably the Kicad 9.x may be integrated ODB++, that can be a alternative for Fabmaster (my assembly manufacturer ask specify Fabmaster - I suppose - because have Siemens integration system).
You think the night version 8.99 may be have a ‘preliminary’ ODB++ functions ?

Thanks again, Daniele

Note that Fabmaster import is actually supported since 7.0.

Thanks @dsa-t .I’d never had cause to look.

Can you answer the OP’s question? It is above my pay grade.

KiCad nightly versions (future 9.0) do have ODB++ support.

It can be enabled by creating a file named kicad_advanced in KiCad’s settings directory with this line:

EnableODB=1

Because this feature is in development, indeed it has some known issues (see ODB++ post-merge issues (#18706) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab)

Thanks, download and try.
Thanks so much, I’m make somes debug with my projects
Daniele

Also make sure not to save your 8.0 projects in 8.99, otherwise you won’t be able to open them in 8.0.

And make backups of your projects first because nightly versions can corrupt them in unexpected ways.

Thanks, we use a project copy to work with 8.99
Just a info; anyone can suggest a free license odb++ viewer ?
Thanks, Daniele

ODB++ Viewer - ODB++Design

You have to register though.

And it logs an error for KiCad’s files:

Illegal value for field - MAX_UID, Value = 

(Should be fixed in the next build)

And interCAD® Reader | Products | interCAD | Share EDA Designs can actually read KiCad’s ODB files.