Could it make Smd's Pad with via

Could it make smd’s Pad with via (for thermal) and hole for screw of footprint creator
I’ve try to create it and when i call it to my project, perform rule check has error occor
Thanks… :innocent:

From what I can see from your PCB footprints it looks ok, and you’re nearly there.

From the screenshot of the “DRC Control” it looks like you have several pads without pad number. In KiCad all overlapping pads that connect to each other (SMT, or THT pads for thermal via’s) must have the same pad number.

Pads without pad number are used for “aperture pads”, for example if you want a custom cutout in the solder stencil that is not related to the shape of the copper of a pad.

You can have a look at any footprint with thermal reliefs in KiCad’s default libraries for inspiration, or search for “footprint” in the FAQ part of this forum:
https://forum.kicad.info/search?q=footprint%20category%3A19

which leads to:

2 Likes

From the screenshot of the “DRC Control” it looks like you have several pads without pad number. In KiCad all overlapping pads that connect to each other (SMT, or THT pads for thermal via’s) must have the same pad number.

i define number to pads and now they do not have error
Thanks you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If you are going to hand assemble and individually solder each pad, then a via in an smd pad is ok. But if you plan to have the pcb assembled by machine, don’t put a via where the solder is going to be placed. The solder will wick (flow) down the via and the device will NOT be well soldered. The via also effects the pad temp.

Things like mounting holes and thermal management that are away from pads with solder are ok.

You can machine solder without expensive filling, but use 0.6/0.3 mm vias to keep the solder theft under control.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.