Copper Zone coordinate system mismatch to components

Hi there. Is it normal to have the copper zones coordinates of corners not respecting or having the same values as the cursor relative to the page origin.

On the PCB I am doing coper zones 0.5mm from the board edge. I placed a red circle cross hair thingy exactly on the intersection between bottom and left edge of my PCB. I have set the settings to follow convention up positive direction of coordinates. I then tried a drawing zones with corners around the PCB and moving them by using GUI tool to move to absolute position of each corner.
I had a bit difficult time clicking corners. That issue aside. I have noticed that while by opening the settings the footprints I was able to see that they respect the position relative to the page origin. Hover the corners do not. They want to be specified relative the top left of whole page.

Can someone tell me if this is normal? Is there a setting to change?
Also is there a way how to make the corners clicking easier. I tried making grid smaller 0.2mm didn’t seem to make much difference.

Old time eagle user.

If you moved the corners individually with the “context menu–>Shape modifications–>Move corner To” command then you found the following bug: move corner point To: ignores global coordinate direction setting (#17550) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

If you have used a different workflow then you need to explain more exactly which commands/icons you have used. For a good description it’s best to use exactly the command/dialog description strings from kicad.

note also: provide the used kicad version (at least the version numbers) also helps in answering question, as answers often depend on the used kicad version (different versions - different available commands due to kicad delopment)

Old time eagle user.

Same here, and I still use eagle regularly. But with the integration into fusion the end of the road is in sight, the usage declines from year to year. All new projects are now done in Kicad.

thanks for quick answer to my question. I have indeed used the approach you have described. I am using latest version. 8.0.1 release build.

I am secretly hoping that fusion electrical being a replacement.It does look like it, but not tried it. But have thought of going outside and experimenting with Kicad.