Copper pour don't work

Hi there,
I have problem with copper pour.
I have create the copper zone ( screenshot 1 ).Uploading…
After this, I click on FILL ZONE but not change the fill zone.

Your picture did not upload fully when you submitted the post.

But if i would have to guess of what could go wrong it would be that you did not connect anything to the zone.
In kicad copper zones only fill if something is connected to them. (A pin, via or trace with the same net as the zone is sufficiently within the zone.)

Also remember that zones have their own clearance and minimum width settings. If the clearance and or minimum width is not sufficient and the zone can not be connected to anything it does not fill.

1 Like

I Rene thank you for your reply.
Uploading… Uploading…

I upload 2 pictures. The copper zone are connect with the net of the pad for a thermal zone.

New example with Cooper zone connect to GND

Did you place a copper zone or a keepout area? (Just asking because i have never seen diagonal stripes on my zones.)
Edit: just tested it in my nightly build and your proberties dialog does not look like it is a keepout zone. So scratch that idea.

I use this button

Have you tried running drc?
Maybe also test how it looks like in opengl canvas (press F11 to switch to opengl) If you are already in open gl maybe try legacy (F9)

DRC ok

F9

F11

For the copper zone I follow this:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/KiCad/share/doc/kicad/help/it/pcbnew.html#_creating_copper_zones in the manual of Kicad

can you share your pcb_new file here?
(i think i’m at a loss right no of what could cause your problems.)
Edit: or if this is not an option, can you replicate the same problem with a file that you can share?

do you create the edge cut of the pcb?

1 Like

I have create the edge cut but same result.

I Rene. What file do you need ? only the pcb ?
Thank you for your help

One question: Kicad don’t have a log file where report the problem and warning same orcad for example ?

With a new small pcb it works correctly.

It is possible a footprint error that create this problem ?

Footprints and pads can define how they connect to a copper zone. But you have vias in the middle of the zone which should trigger the filling of the zone.

Yup only the “.pcb_new” file. You could also pm the file if you don’t want to share it openly. (This way if i can’t reproduce the problem we are stuck again.)
You could also try to open the pcb file with pcb_new in standalone mode. (I don’t think this should make a difference. But one never knows.)

What kicad version are you using? (Maybe there is some kind of bug hidden in there)

If you do not want to share the file:
Can you also show the pad properties of one of the gnd pads of the original design? (Maybe the netname you used for the zone is wrong. But in reality i’m slowly running out of ideas of what you can try.)

Also for the future: Could you set kicad up to be in english for the purpose of screenshots? (It’s quite hard to understand all your settings because i don’t speak the language you use.)
This can be done in the kicad main window under preferences->language