Converting Altium to KiCad

I have never used Altium, but I have converted an existing Altium project to KiCad V7, following the method outlined in the KiCad manual(s). It appears that Altium has a great number of standard layers (many of which appear now in KiCad as “Mnn”, where n is a number).
So these questions arise:

1. Should I re-name those layers?
  2. Is there a standard mapping of the Altium layer names to ones in KiCad which have the same function (i.e., class of data)?
  3. Are fabrication houses likely to be confused by the appearance of Altium layer-names in a KiCad-derived project / Gerbers?

During the conversion process, there is a checkbox for automatically mapping the the altium layer names to KiCad layer names.

In the X2 variant of the gerber files, there are standardized names (Defined by the Gerber standard) for the FileFuncion. And I guess that other “modern” file formats also have enough built-in robustness and do not depend on layer names of whatever PCB design program has been used.

Thanks, Paul. I do believe that is checked the box to do the automatic re-mapping. Many of the layer names seem to match the KiCad layer names, but there are many more layers that I have never seen before! But as you seem to suggest, perhaps that is not an issue.