Convert KiCad files to Eagle

Hi All,

I am looking to convert KiCAD schematic and layout files to Eagle. I looked online but couldn’t find help. I agree that conversion of Eagle files to KiCAD is possible but the opposite is not true.

Does anybody have a method to convert KiCAD files to Eagle?

Your response is highly appreciated. Would love to hear back from you.

Regards,
Ujjwal

1 Like

I think your best bet would be Upverter.

1 Like

I looked at that out of curiosity…

I don’t think it will work.

@Seth_h Isn’t it sorta neat that KiCad has reached the point in time where a conversion FROM KicCad is requested!

2 Likes

A true coming of age, huh? :slight_smile:

In any event, I can’t vouch for Upverter but they used to publish a python script for converting between different formats including older KiCad and Eagle. Looks like it was forked before they killed the repository (https://github.com/ljmljz/schematic-file-converter).

1 Like

Converting from KiCad to Eagle is the responsibility of the Eagle developers. If you have a paid for Eagle licence ask their support. As all KiCad files are plain text ascii, there is nothing stopping them if they want to.

7 Likes

@davidsrsb It was in the back of my mind that I was thinking the same, but @Seth_h gave a great interlude.

I am also very interested in doing this and this is about the latest reference that I have found in regard to this. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Why don’t you ask in an Eagle forum? They might be more interested in making new Eagle users from former KiCad users.

3 Likes

Yeah good idea :slight_smile: I might ask on the Autodesk forum later today. Cheers eelik

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.