Connector Pad too close to pad

Hello, I’m working on my first KiCad and it is a simple board that has one Samtech QTH connector (QTH-030-XX-X-D-A) and one 2x16 2.54mm header. I have downloaded the symbol and footprint from Digitkey.com and have placed it on the Pcbnew. When I run the DRC I get two errors on pin 58 and 60 on the QTH. This is a small smt and the pads are very close. There must be a configuration that I need set so that the pad to pad trace is above some min value.

** Drc report for F:\myKiCad\Break_Out_Board\Breakout_proj\Breakout_proj.kicad_pcb **
** Created on **

** Found 1 DRC errors **
ErrType(19): Pad too close to pad
@(171.083 mm, 98.594 mm): Pad 58 of J1 on F.Cu and others
@(171.583 mm, 98.594 mm): Pad 60 of J1 on F.Cu and others

** Found 0 unconnected pads **

** End of Report **

I have uploaded the error message. The QTH series is a 0.50 mm (.0197") pitch low profile.
http://suddendocs.samtec.com/catalog_english/qth.pdf

Can anyone help me please.
Thank you

http://suddendocs.samtec.com/prints/qth-xxx-xx-x-d-xxx-mkt.pdf

I’ve looked at the some other posts and have tried playing with the General Net Class Clearance but when I change the value it then complains about the Diff Pair Width.

Any ideas?

QTH-030-XX-X-D-A.kicad_mod (6.9 KB) QTH-030-XX-X-D-A.lib (2.8 KB)

I’ve uploaded the symbol and foot print of the QTH connector. Hopefully that can help others help me.
Thank you

I turned off the F Mask. May make things easier to see.

KiCad_layout4

I’ve been playing with the Board Setup and Net Classes. I changed the Default Clearance to .01 and I see the thin red line around the pad get smaller. However, pad 60 the thin line around the pad did not get smaller.

Hello, well I solved the problem with the help of this forum. I noticed that when I changed the clearance at the Board Setup>Net Classes > Clearance that pad 60 was not being updated. I simply clicked on pad60 and wend to the Clearance Tab and changed it to 0.1.

I ran a DRC and did not get any errors. But I went back it changed it to 0.2 and ran DRC and there were no problems.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.