Connecting a Coaxial Connector footprint to a solder wire pad

Hi, I am trying to connect a Coaxial Connector footprint with a solder wire pad (Connector_wire) with a copper pathway, however KiCAD is not allowing it (the pathway just won’t connect the two components). Is there a specific setting I should be using? Or possibly a different component?

For context, the Coaxial connector will be connected to a signal generator, and then I want copper pathways to lead to a conductive hole where I can insert a wire to act as an electrode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is not enough information for us. At least post a screenshot of the problematic pcb area as well as the same part of the schematic.

Like Rene, I’m guessing a bit to your intentions.

Did you even make a schematic for this?
Even if al you want to do is connect a coaxial connector to a wire, just make a schematic for it. Something like:

Then in Eeschema, assign footprints to both connectors, One for the coaxial connector, and the other for your wire.

Alternatively, if you do not want to make a schematic, it is possible to completely disable DRC in Pcbnew with:
Pcbnew / Route / Interactive Router Settings

If you select Highilight collisions in that menu, then the Allow DRC violations turns from grey to black, and you can select that. With these 2 settings you can draw copper tracks without KiCad complaining.

Also:
Don’t forget that normally the solder mask is painted over the copper, and the best way to expose the copper is to use real footprints for your components. And once you have footprints it’s just as easy to work the “normal” way and use a schematic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.