Confuration Error (Win7 64bit/Lastest Kicad version)

I’ve installed Kicad in my 2nd Win7 computer and I keep getting this error

I have an older Kicad version of installed on my Win10 laptop, and I don’t have the above problem.I tried uninstalling/re-installing Kicad. I’m not hugely Kicad knowledgeable, so kinda clueless.

Thanks

I suspect you either did not install the libraries, had some older installation without libraries or the win7 installer is broken (it is kind of to be expected that the win 7 installer will break at some point as it is no longer supported by microsoft which means also no longer really supported by KiCad)

However it is surely fixable by manually creating the library table or if the footprints are not even on the disk then manually downloading them from github (can even be done using your win 10 pc and transfer it via usb drive or similar to the win 7 machine if you want to avoid connecting it to the internet)

More details

1 Like

Hi

I followed your advice, (downloaded the libray file) and can now select the required libraries (adding my selected libraires to Global Libraries) and it works (Thank you). It’s not ideal, but it works.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.