Components to be added to BOM, but no footprint

Ok, so there is an flag to easily exclude footprints like PCB antennas, solder bridges, graphics from the BOM, but what about the opposite usecase, so one doesn’t forget to order the jumpers for the pinheaders? Is there a good workflow for that?
Thanks!

When I used shield with separate lid I defined 2 elements and two footprints. The footprint for the lid had only CtrYd rectangle that I then placed at the same position as shield.
As I couldn’t get documentation (not connected with that shield) that I wanted I changed drawing at CrtYd adding there pin 1 marks so I had to exclude CrtYd checking from DRC so those two rectangles also do not cause an error.

1 Like

I can’t make it a second unit in the same symbol, because one symbol can only have one footprint (and I need a footprint so it shows in the BOM), ist that correct?

For my jumpers a.t.l I made symbols without associating a footprint to them, place the symbol in the schematic and set the attributes to "Exclude “from board” in the symbol properties.

1 Like

When I written 2 elements it meant 2 symbols and not 2 units.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.