Colours in schematics

As an autoelectrican I use KiCad to make schematics for modifications I do to vehicles. Although KiCad is not intended for this use, it works fairly well. As vehicles contain more and more electronics, KiCad is mor suitable as time gos on.
Often I would like to highlight some lines in the schematics. 0 volt and Vcc are god examples on lines that would be nice to identify by using different colours.
Is ther any way I can change from the standard green to other colours?

1 Like

You can’t change colors of specific nets. At least not permanently, there is a highlight net tool in 5.0 but it only highlights one net at a time, temporarily.

What you can do is place lots of GND and VCC flags labels on those nets so that there is no confusion what those are.

I have used this technique in the past;

And as @SembazuruCDE suggested, matching these to coloured Keystone test points would help to clarify the layout when testing the board.

1 Like

There is a new feature in v5 that could be interesting. One can select colors for graphical lines. (from the full color spectrum)
One can also set the line width and line style.

1 Like

So, one could approximate a square with a short, fat line segment. Nifty.

Will look more like an oval as the line ends are always rounded.

If you use KiCad as only graphic editor I would replace some wires with graphic lines of selected colour. If you need wires be wires (you use Electrical Rule Checker) I would draw graphic lines in pararell to selected wires.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.