Coloured pads on PCB foil

Hi all,

Firstly - my thanks & praise to the KiCad team for making a fantastic tool which more than rivals expensive (and even inexpensive) commercial offerings. Your footprint libraries in particular are easy to use & understand, bravo!

Anyway… I finally got around to designing my first “real” PCB (that is, the first one I intend to actually make), and I’ve run into a bit of a weird problem, which I assume is down to me, but I can’t for the life of me figure it out…

When I print my PCB foil front & back, some of the pads aren’t black - they’re a sort of dirty yellow… This shows up if I print to PDF or direct to the printer. If I choose black&white, the yellow pads print light grey…

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Ade.

What version of Kicad and what platform. I don’t remember having this problem when I printed out prior.

Edit. From within PCBnew I chose print and then black and white. The preview looks as expected. I’m using Linux with a nightly build but previously used the Debian package with no problem.

Good point - version 4.0.7 on Windows 7.

I have 3 copies of the program kicking about - 1 at the office, 1 at my workshop & 1 at home, my home one being on Linux. Anyway, I just tried all three of them today, and now all the pads are black! So whatever the issue is/was, it’s gone away!

It might have been related to some footprint mismatches I was getting between the three machines (the project is shared via NextCloud to all three machines, albeit on different paths).

If I manage to recreate the issue again, I’ll post here with whatever steps it takes.

Cheers!
Ade.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.