Coexistence 2013 release and current one on the same PC

I have a lot of old projects in 2013 version.
is it possible to install the actual release in the same PC without uninstalling the former version ?
The aim is to work with both versions for maintenance and design activities.

For a start you should at least tell us what operating system you are using.

It is also possible to convert old files to the new version. (Might be a good idea because the old version is not supported anymore. Which means there will come a time when it does not run under the operating system of your choice.)
More details about that:

2 Likes

Sure, I do that. It’s quite easy on Windows. I install one version in c:\program files as normal, and the other in c:\programs. However, you have to pick one to get filename association, otherwise since the old version doesn’t use the same setting files they coexist ok.

On an irrelevant language note, it seems that a lot of ESL speakers use “actual” when they mean “current” (or perhaps “latest”). I wouldn’t normally mention minor mistranslations, but it can cause confusion in some cases in what is an otherwise perfect English sentence.

2 Likes

Yes, it is possible in any operating system. And it is also possible the coexistence of stable, nightly and 2013 versions. If you are going to work with old versions of your projects, follow Rene_Poschi advice: make the conversion and keep the 2013 version only to check old projects, not to modify them.

Spanish actual, French actuel, actuelle, Italian attuale all mean current (as in at present, not as voltage/resistence). It is a usual false-friend.