CM4 Footprint For Pick And Place

I am looking for the way to provide my contract manufacturer the locations of the CM4 connectors for pick and place. I see the post Raspberry pi cm4 footprint export two connectors pick and place position.

Are there other ways this can be achieved?

Thanks,

As far as I know, there is the only way, making two footprints and group them may work and help with the 3D view

@Huibean

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have read your original post a few times but I’m clearing missing something as I don’t understand how you aligned the text in the foot print. Is the text part of the CM4 footprint or a standalone footprint? How did you ensure that it would be aligned to the centre of the connector?

Thanks,

just add Text in Footprint editor, and you can give pre calculated relative position to the Text, but since there is actually just one footprint, so you can not export it’s position with regular bom and pos export way, so I wrote that python script to read the position of the Text and export it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.