Choose Power Symbol(No items loaded)

When I attempt to add a power port symbol I get the dialog box "Choose Power Symbol(No Items Loaded) that is completely blank. No power or gnd symbols.
Is there something that didn’t get set up correctly in the install?

What is your KiCad version?

In general the power symbols are like any other symbol contained in a “normal” library. The only difference is that they have the “this is a power symbol” option checked and are made such that they are global labels (via an invisible power input pin).

So if you can not see power symbols then i suspect that you have not added the library containing them to your library table. So check in the symbol library manager if there is a library called “power”.

I am also not convinced you chose the tool meant for adding power symbols. That tool should have a different title (since at least version 5.1.0). Use place->power symbol (or the tool in the right toolbar that has the tooltip “add power symbol”).

However the screenshot tells us something. It seems you have very few libraries added. And i only see one of the libs that should be shipped with kicad (the Device lib). All other libs are missing. If you removed them on purpose then you removed one lib too much (re add the power lib). If you did not remove them on purpose then something went wrong with your setup and we might want to look into getting this fixed (you should have >100 libraries that are vetted by the official library team if kicad is in its default state).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.