I noticed when I did the last install on my Machine going from 5.0.0 to 5.0.2 that my Custom KiCad Folder icon had reverted back to the original blank Mac folder. So, if I have to change it back again I figured maybe out there someone on a Mac would like to know how to do that also. I’ve included Mac and Windows Icons (not sure the procedure for installing a Windows Icon, but the files there all the same).
- Download the icon included here (or make your own if you wish)
- Right Click on the KiCad folder in Applications and select Get Info… (or CMD+I)
- Open the downloaded folder icon in Preview, Click Edit Menu, Select All, then Copy.
- Click on the tiny folder icon in the top left most area of the KiCad Folder Info window (from step 2)
- Paste the new icon by hitting CMD+V
- Tada - new folder icon.
To remove the icon at any time simple do the same steps but hit DELETE after clicking on the
folder icon in step 4.