Change silk screen text size globally

The answer to this question has probably been put forward previously, but here goes anyway.
I did a google search for answers to this question and found some old posts around 2015. I am assuming these posts were for previous versions of KiCad.
I followed some of the answers using the “Edit/Edit Text & Graphic Properties” menu items.
I entered what I saw via the previous answers to change the text size from the default value of 0.039 inch to the new value of 0.025 inch. These actions did not work at all. I am using KiCad version 7.02 on a Win 11 machine. Any suggestions???
Regards,
Karin

It’s Not a ‘Global’ setting but, when in PCB editor, click the Green Icon and set what you want…

If that works for you on a Test PCB, for example then, you can save that Test-Project as a Template or just use it as a Baseline for other projects…

First. Start by updating KiCad. I assume your mention of:

is actually V7.0.2 and this is a very old version of V7. Increments in the third number are bug fix releases, and the early V7 versions had quite a lot of bugs. If you want to stay with V7, then upgrade to V7.0.11.

You mention:

This should work, but that dialog has a lot of settings. It’s very easy to do something wrong in that dialog. I suggest you make a backup of your project, and then experiment more with that dialog. One plausible mistake is if yo leave the Scope area empty.

If you do that, then KiCad will not change anything, because there is no input to this function.

Another way is to use: PCB Editor / View / Properties Manager

You can combine that with:

1. Right click in the Appearance Manager, turn off all layers and then only enable your Silkscreen layers.
  2. Adjust the selection filter in the lower right corner to only being able to select texts.
  3. Select your texts, for example by dragging a box around them.
  4. Change the properties for the texts in the Properties Manager.