Capacitor pin not connected to power pin, unable to route

I am running into an issue with my decoupling capacitors not connecting to my power input pin and +13V port. The capacitor on the negative pin is connected just fine. I also tried adding a junction (where there is an open square) but that did not solve the problem. I made the +13V and -13V symbols myself and I have not had any other problems with them in my design except for this instance. Because of this, I am unable to route the capacitor to the power pin in pcbnew.

ERC gives the error that the capacitor pin is not connected to anything, and adding a junction doesn’t fix it.

In pcbnew, I want to route the highlighted pad to pin 3 (+13V) but I can’t.

Thanks!

You can only connect to one side of a component pin (the side that has a little circle when there’s nothing connected). The graphical parts of the pins are just that ­- graphics and they have no influence on connectivity.

The connection point in your example is hidden between your power symbol and the LM339 power pin. Try to drag the power symbol and you’ll see where the wire appears.

The small square means that two wire (or pin) ends aren’t connected. Probably of them isn’t on the grid.

EDIT: adding a junction dot actually doesn’t make it a junction. Then endpoints of the lines must be exactly on the same coordinates.

Oh how stupid of me! I see exactly what you mean, I can’t believe I didn’t see that after staring at it way too long. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.