Cap Libraries have GONE!

Ok, I was doing so well! My first design in Kicad nearly finished with no problems then suddenly all libraries starting with CAP have gone missing! I have tried re-installing the application, but they are still not there. Any hints?

KiCAD main window… Preferences > Manage Symbol Libraries…

Is it listed there?
Does the path match with where it is located on your computer?

Official libraries never had this prefix so it must be your own library. It is kind of your responsibility to take care of your own stuff. (Reinstalling will not help)

Or you give us the wrong information and are searching for either the Capacitor or Capacitors prefixed libs. The later was the v4 name and the former the v5 name as we now use singular exclusively.)

1 Like

My own libraries are still there and working. I am talking about the libraries containing capacitors such as Capacitors_SMD:CP_Elec_10x10.5 which appear on my schematics. Those libraries are no longer on the list when trying to place a part. Not only that, as I have said, they no longer appear when I re-install the application. Anyone got any ideas?
The library for the above part was

Device:CP_Small

No longer available!

GOT IT! Had to reset the system variables to point to the correct paths. Must have been corrupt or overwritten. What a relief!

Cheers,

Geoff

3 Likes

So you are either still on v4 or are still using the v4 libraries. You might want to read this if you are on v5: I had KiCad 4 installed previosly. Now i updated to v5. Now i have some problems with the library setup

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.