Can't open any KiCAD Schematic ord PCB

Hello all,

since today I can’t open any of my schematics or PCBs anymore. I’m running Version 5.1.10. Getting two error messages:

1. Loarding dynamic Lib /usr/bin/_eeschema.kiface didn’t work: undefined symbol:
    _ZNK13wxGLCanvasEGL15IsShownOn ScreenEv, version WXU_3.1
  2. Error loading in Eeschema: Could not load kiface Lib “/usr/bin/_eeschema.kiface”

Messages are translated from german to english. The error message might be different in english.

The problem also occurs if I generate a new project. The project is generated like always, but I cannot open the Eeschema or the PCB

The OS is opensuse Tumbleweed.

Hopefully the problem is known already and aomeone has a soloution even if I fear that this is a problem of Tumbleweed and KDE

Regards

Norbert DL1EBN

There’s a binary file mismatch problem, between KiCad and wxWidgets. This means that one has been updated recently and the other one not. KiCad has been compiled for different wx version. These kinds of things happen with a rolling release. Try updating the system again.

Hello eelik,

thank you for the tip. Will try it out.

Regards

Norbert, DL1EBN

Same problem on my machine. I’m on the latest snapshot of openSUSE Tumbleweed. Maybe I should ask about this issue on their OBS page.

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210827
Kernel Version: 5.13.12-2-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.