Cannot display dots in schematic editor

Hello,
Just downloaded Kicad version 5.1.9. and opened a new schematic:

If I select preferences/display options / dots then the screen is full with horizontal lines, NO dots.

If I select preferences/display options / lines then the screen is full with horizontal and vertical lines.

If I select preferences/display options / small crosses then the screen is full with small crosses.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Please copypaste the full version info from Help -> About -> Copy Version Info.

This sounds like an issue I vaguely recall between fallback and accelerated graphics. I think it was fixed in 5.99.

Are you using accelerated graphics (Preferences menu -> Modern Toolset (Accelerated))? If not, does the dots setting look better using accelerated graphics?

edit: I think this is what I was thinking of: https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/5832
doesn’t sound exactly the same, but I’m still interested if changing to/from accelerated graphics helps.

Does changing the zoom level change anything?

Also, a screenshot and version info would be useful.

Thanks for your reply.
No change with any accelerator options

Below is the version info:

Application: Eeschema
Version: (5.1.9)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.73.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.71.0
Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Screen shot attached

Hi
I loaded Kicad on another desk top (Win10) and the schematic now displays the dots
Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.