Cannot connect the inductor to the feeding point of the antenna

I am routing this pcb trace antenna. I have downloaded the footprint from github. I cannot connect my inductor to the antenna

I suppose the source of problem is not having net copper in antenna.

Without having the antenna footprint or even the text of the DRC error we can only guess what the problem is.

Footprints from external libraries often have all sorts of little problems. Easy to fix when you know what the problem is and when you are familiar with the footprint editor. The problem is often related to the antenna shorting different paths (DRC has know knowledge of HF stuff). As far as KiCad is concerned, this turns the antenna into a net tie. The way net ties are implemented has also changed some time ago, so if your footprint was designed from before that time, it does not work.

Often the fix is:

1. Load the footprint in the footprint editor.
  2. Footprint Editor / File / Footprint Properties / Clearance override and Settings and then add the pad numbers which are being shorted to the Net Ties pad group.

This is the error showing about clearance.
DRC error 2

From your screenshot it looks like both Piotr and me were right, so apply the fix I suggested and run DRC again. And of course you should fix the other issues too.

1 Like

Yes it works now
Thankyou

1 Like