Not sure how to work around this bug.
- Create a new empty project.
- Open pcbnew
- Add a. mounting hole, let’s say MountingHole_2.2mm_M2
- Save and export to a spectra DSN file. (all is well)
- Now add a second mounting hole (i did the same one again, as I eventually need 4, 1 for each. corner)
- Attempt to export Spectra DSN file.
- Error occurs. It says that it cannot Multiple symbols have identical reference ids.
Not sure how to fix this or if I am adding the mounting holes incorrectly?
You will need to rename your Mounting hole reference ID.
By default, they are all
Ah, thanks Seth! I just was thinking that when looking at the pcbnew file itself. Again thanks so much
I prefer to add mounting holes in eeschema as suggested by Rene in a previous post. One reason is if for some reason you need to delete unused footprints say because you have changed a connector, the mounting holes will get deleted too when you do an incremental update. When added in eeschema, they have a starting ref of H? so will have to be annotated and assigned a footprint. Another reason is if they have pads and if desired they can be connected to say the GND net. But usually they are isolated.
Ah, great. advice. I’ll take a look at doing that.
On a new pcb, I LOCK the mounting holes (individually) so they won’t get moved or deleted accidentally.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.