Can someone explain :Missing connection between items

This is coming from DRC report. I can barely make out the connections. It’s very small grey lines on a black background.
missing
That’s only 3 of the 28 errors.

It wouldn’t let me add the schematic so here it is, maybe

It simply says there are airwires left. The net-connection is there, but the physical track is missing.
Sometimes it is just a tiny pice of airwire inside a pad, so look closely.

BTW: You should add “no-connection” flags to willingly unconnected pins in schematic!
I’m not shure if your schematic is incomplete, my hint is “just in case”.
grafik

I read your message again. You are obviously new to KiCad and maybe even to any PCB design tool.
So first of all: welcome to this friendly forum! You will need it.
One hint in different makeups:
In longer terms: The thin lines you notices are airwires, that means they just show wich pad is connected to some else pad. It’s still up to you to change that into a copper track.
In shorter terms: None CAD tool is self-explaining. You will have to read and learn a little.
Don’t be afraid, there will be a success ervery few minutes (or coffees).
This a good starting-point:
get started!
In supershort terms: RTFM

1 Like

@AverageGuy

Hello and welcome,
Air wires are called Ratsnest in Kicad, and often referred to as rat lines.

New forum users are limited in what they are able to post.
To self promote your forum level to “Basic” so you are able to post more images and links please read this FAQ.

Maybe we need a portmanteau term, how about air rat?

Air rat, I’ll show myself to the door. :rofl:

Why not wire-nest?

ksnip_20230507-130007

It bears quite a resemblance to my schematics and PCBs. :woozy_face:

Only your schematics and PCBs? It’s the graphical representation of my life! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

assuming you using the latest KiCad version (7.0.2 as of writing this post) you can change at least the colour of the ratnest lines for individual nets and your net classes. to do this you have to enable the appearance manager under view and then go to the Nets Menu in the Appearance side bar. if you have no net classes all of your rat lines will be coloured according to the settings you set for the default net class.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.