Can I export pcb to a STEP file as a single part

Currently, when I export pcb to stp, the stp will have a board with a lot of parts, but sometime, I want to have the paba as one part, can anyone know how to export pcb as a single part in stp?

Application: KiCad PCB 编辑器 (64-bit)

Version: (6.0.9), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.1
libcurl/7.83.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.12

Platform: Windows 11 (build 22621), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Oct 29 2022 23:44:28
wxWidgets: 3.2.1 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.79.0
OCC: 7.6.0
Curl: 7.83.1-DEV
ngspice: 37
Compiler: Visual C++ 1929 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

A single Step file/part from a conglomerate of parts on PCB:

You may have better luck by re-exporting a Single-part/file of Step from a CAD program but, not with FreeCad.

One way to get a single-part file is by importing the’ Kicad exported Step file’ into favorite CAD then, exporting it as STL.

But, STL may not be useful for you (you didn’t say what the single-part-Step is for…).

STL’s can be converted to Meshes and Solids but, will take head-scratching effort… Screenshot below my help… And, the resulting STL may need ‘Repairing’ (most 3D-print software can repair STL’s).

ADDED: Screenshot of ‘Create Mesh From Shape’ in FreeCad’s Mesh workbench. Then, to a Solid (I didn’t bother coloring it…)

with SMD components you can make a union of parts which could result in a single STEP object, withTH parts, you may need to add small objects to connect TH part with pcb before make the union.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.