Can anyone point me to a Wemos D1 mini pro footprint?

I am a beginner and started using KiCad about 3 days ago. I read the message below about asking for footprints in this forum and I am not asking anyone to build it for me. I made few searches since yesterday to see if there is a footprint that has already been made and shared for Wemos D1 mini Pro. I could not find any. If anyone know a resource where I can find it please share.

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

1 Like

Just found out that a Wemos D1 Mini footprint is exactly the same as Wemos D1 Mini Pro. I apologize for not checking close enough.

3 Likes

Finding symbols and footprints is it’s own skill. :wink:

5 Likes

The headers are the same, but board outline is different.

@PaulF8080 As a beginner I didn’t really notice any difference in the module outlines as well between the two modules. In fact they measured exactly the same for both wemos D1 mini and wemos D1 mini pro modules I have ( I am using generic ones bought from AliExpress). May be the only difference I noticed is that keep out area for copper fills, tracks and via for the internal ceramic antenna of Wemos D1 Mini Pro is only 4mm in width but bit wider in Wemos D1 Mini. Could you point out to me exactly where else it differs, because I have made a footprint for it based on my own measurements and I want to make sure I didn’t miss out important details.

Edit:
This is how I created it, anyone notice any immediately noticeable violations or mistakes? Thanks in advance.

I am looking for a Wemos D1 mini footprint myself, found in fact some on Github like this. But I am constantly failing with installing these on Windows. There is even a dotted list on the linked Github repo, but I seem to be unable to follow. I copied the files to the C:\Program Files\KiCad\share\kicad\template\Wemos_D1_mini and C:\Program Files\KiCad\share\kicad\modules folders, but the load in the footprint manage fails with Could not parse URL:"C:\Program Files\KiCad\share\kicad\template\Wemos_D1_mini" (translation from German by me).
The folder contains:
grafik

The C:\Program Files\KiCad\share\kicad\modules folder has a sub-folder wemos-d1-mini.pretty with these files:
grafik

Can please someone give me a hand for this?

In case someone will stumble upon the same problem, here’s my shortcut to get it running:

• copy your *.DCM and *.LIB files into KiCAD’s .../share/kicad/library folder
  • copy the *.PRETTY folders into the adjacent .../share/kicad/modules folder
  • open eeschema, preferences->manage parts libraries. Klick on the folder icon below the list, navigate to the LIB file you copied and press OK.
  • again in eeschema, tools->assign footprints. Click on the gear icon to open the footprint library manager. Again, click on the folder icon below the list. This time navigate to the PRETTY folder you copied and click on OK.

Digikey and Mouser and probably some others too have a link to a PCB cad symbol at component data page. Installing it is an other story.
Like here
https://www.digikey.fi/en/products/detail/stmicroelectronics/STM32F038C6T7/5051264
EDA Models STM32F038C6T7 by Ultra Librarian

Mm, it’s better to do this in personal libraries rather than the standard library as version updates to the library packages will wipe out your additions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.