Bus Wires Across Hierarchical Sheets Showing Not Connected

I know there are a few other posts like this, but I can’t seem to find anything with this exact issue.

A project that has been clean of ERC errors for a while recently started throwing an error for almost every bus connection. I have not updated KiCAD recently and am currently on 6.0 running on Windows 11. I’ve created a sample project to demonstrate the types of issues.

I have a bus connected across a hierarchical sheet.

• Wires A & B on the bus have a No-connect in the root sheet but are connected to another component inside the sheet, and they throw no ERC errors.
  • Wires A & B on the bus have a No-connect in the root sheet but are connected to another component inside the sheet, and they throw no ERC errors
  • Wires C & D are connected to something in the root sheet. They throw 2 ERC errors each, as though KiCAD is not recognizing that the two ends of the wire should be connected.
  • Wires E & F have no connect flags in the root sheet. They throw 1 ERC error each inside the hierarchical sheet.

When I switch to the PCB editor, all the connections are made correctly.

Is something wrong with my bus labelling? Or does this seem like an ERC bug?

nice pictures, but could you attach the zipped project archive?

And which 6.0.x version do you use exactly? (there were some bugfixes regarding bus-behaviour on some subversions)

1 Like

HierarchyBusTest.zip (43.2 KB)

Is something wrong with my bus labelling? Or does this seem like an ERC bug?

So many questions: No, yes.

With your project and the delivered version I would say that sounds like bugreport ERC "Label not connected to anything" in basic bus usage (#12814) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab.

Try to update to version v6.0.11 (requires no change in setup, library-path or other things).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.