Bus , wire entry to bus and net label problem

Hi.
First post and also a noob in KiCad. I have tried to find an answer but no success.

1. Error: Invalid connection between bus and net items
I have tried multiple time and it looks like it connects every time. Is it a bug?

2: Error: Input power pin not driven by any Output Power pins
I have added a power flag in the jumpers section on the right side. Is that wrong?

3. Lots of Warning: Net / xx is graphically connected to bus/ but is not member of that bus.
I guess this has to do with point #1

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried 2 days now. :frowning:
By the way, this is from a tutorial on Youtube… PART 1: Designing a C64 Games Cartridge in KiCAD! | #C64 #KiCAD #PCBWay - YouTube

1. GND also needs a PWR_FLAG.

There is most likely something wrong with the bus-naming / bus-alias definition. But thats difficult to see with only a picture. If you could provide a complete project-archive the chance to get helpful answers is much higher.

What happens when you use the ‘Highlight Net tool’ on your busses or entries to your busses? Does that show the busses to be connected? Have you used labels to define the buses (its not entirely clear from this colour scheme?)

I think (one of) the problems may be how you’ve named your buses. There are fairly specific requirements for naming buses; I think you will want to rename your DataBus to D[0..7].

From the documentation:

A vector bus is a collection of signals that start with a common prefix and end with a number. Vector buses are named <PREFIX>[M..N] where PREFIX is any valid signal name, M is the first suffix number, and N is the last suffix number. For example, the bus DATA[0..7] contains the signals DATA0 , DATA1 , and so on up to DATA7 . It doesn’t matter which order M and N are specified in, but both must be non-negative.

I’ll echo @mf_ibfeew that if you can attach your project it’ll be easier to help.

1 Like

Hi.
I’ll add the files when I come home later this evening (CET time)
Thanks

Hi,

I think your bus should be named AdressBus{A[0…12]} and DataBus{D[0…7]}.
Then your signals on the bus are called AdressBus.A0, AdressBus.A1 and so on.

The simpler version from gkeeth also works, but sometimes you want to name a bus.

1 Like

It has a GNDPWR. All other GND is working except for that one error

GNDPWR is just another GND symbol. You need a real PWR_FLAG on your GND, like you already did here on VCC:

1 Like

Thankyou everyone for the help. It is now solved. Changed out the GRDPWR to PWR_FLAG and also change name on the bus from DataBus to D[0…7] and the same on the AdressBus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.