Bug on Symbol Editor?

as for the screenshot here below.
Apart the missing feature (even in the version 8.0.1) of layering graphical elements, I designed a LED symbol (I’m building a library that imitates “Nuova Elettronica” style)

But when I place that symbol into the schematics, it doesn’t import it correctly

I worked around by importing an SVG I have made with Affinity Designer (it was also a pain in the a****ss because in KiCAD there still not any resize tool for imported graphics) … but it doesn’t solve the issue that: on Symbol editor I get a graphical displacement that is different when I place the component.

We could only tell for sure if you attach a project with the symbol (or all symbol variants) placed on the schematic.
But my guess is that you suffer from the well-known limitation of missing z-ordering of items.

1 Like

Yes right and there is a misalignment between the Symbol editor and the Schematics.

I can add the project but components will be just cached and I no want to add the library since Im’ working in it right now building up one it will be available for everybody once finished.

Here another bug …; if you use SVG to create the graphics inside the component, when you select the component to be inserted into the Schematics, it returns a crappy graphics.

Here teh example: I chosen for a NJFETI created by importing its graphics into the Symbol Editor.

Here the SVG of the JFET
JFET

look in which way he shows it up (on the right, during the import into the Schematics) and look on the left side … all the NJFETs I created including the one Im’ importing … on the left the graphics is correct, on the right it isn’t.

A 8.0.2 is needed :smiley:

you’ll need to create a bug report via help->bug report.
But to have a chance to see a correction, you’ll need to upload some kicad file that reproduce the bug.
May be a small lib with just one symbol showing the problem.

1 Like

Ok I’m preparing a project with that symbol and a dedicated library to upload it. i will also upload the SVG. Once finished I will be back here to publish the link