Bug in templates or setting problem?

Hi all,
already use KiCAD, but was a long time ago, so consider me new, especially about KiCAD settings…
I installed a nightly build on Windows 10 64bits (kicad-r9566.2e42d5c00-x86_64.exe), cloned the KiCAD library directories and set the environment variables according to my install.

if I try to create a new project from template, I got a strange error about directories not found and it’s true, they are not on my disk. but the directories searched contain a “…/meta/meta/…” in them. on my disk (the template directory cloned from KiCAD github) there’s only one “…/meta/…”

if I create a new subdirectory “/meta/” in the existing “meta” and copy in it the few files in the preceding “meta”, all work well.

so, is it a bug somewhere, or could it be some kind of setting problem…?

here are for example the errors reported if I try to create a new project from the “EuroCard160mmX100mm_holes” template :

08:27:44: can't open file 'D:\Users\ffred\Documents\Kicad\libs\kicad-templates\EuroCard160mmX100mm_holes\meta\meta\icon.png' (error 3: le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable.)
08:27:44: Failed to load image from file "D:\Users\ffred\Documents\Kicad\libs\kicad-templates\EuroCard160mmX100mm_holes\meta\meta\icon.png".
08:27:44: can't open file 'D:\Users\ffred\Documents\Kicad\libs\kicad-templates\EuroCard160mmX100mm_holes\meta\meta\info.html' (error 3: le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable.)

why is it looking for “…\meta\meta\icon.png”, since the right place on my disk (as was cloned from KiCAD github) is “…\meta\icon.png”.
that’s the same for the 3 files. why is there a second “\meta” ??
and it seems to be the same for every template I tried…

thanks.
ffred

This looks like it might be related to a bug I have registered about the KISYSMOD variable not being used properly on Windows. Template and modules may be sharing code

thanks for your answer.
I reported a bug and waiting for it to be registered…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.